Barnstone Art for Kids is a 501(c)(3) organization located in Phoenixville, PA that uses the Power of Art to foster resiliency in children facing adversity. Children benefit from sustained one-on-one interactions with a motivated mentor and our mentors are rewarded with a sense of fulfillment and a chance to make a difference.
Heal, Cope & Grow
- A one on one relationship with a mentor to maximize opportunity for choice and control.
- A safe, structured environment suitable for judgement free expression.
- An intimate group setting to learn to live and grow with one another.
- Access to explore and create art for a full year.
- Working with their hands, gradually opening their minds to release stress.
- Overcoming obstacles that strengthen problem-solving skills.
- Taking time to reflect on a project and learning how to be present.
- Expressing and acknowledging feelings helping them communicate effectively.
- Provide a safe and supportive relationship.
- Model examples of healthy, confident behavior.
- Affirm and reinforce success through the creative process.
- Value each child’s voice and expression of feelings through reflective listening techniques.
- The opportunity for healthy, constructive expression.
- Multiple options: There is no right or wrong way when creating art. Art just is.
- Encouragement of original ideas and openness toward the ideas of others.
- New skills that generate a sense of pride and accomplishment, boosting self-esteem.